Sunday, October 16, 2005

Updates to Athens, Vinton and Fulton Counties


Fulton County Bridge (photo courtesy Nathan Holth)

Nathan Holth (www.pcnate.com/bridges) visited the SFN 2634538 site in Fulton County and he reports its long gone! However he did found this nice unknown bridge over the same creek nearby (check out his website for lots of Michigan Bridges).

I have decided to add "unknown" bridge finds to the main list. Several people have reported these to me and you will begin to see these here. Haven't decided whether I will use a different color to differenciate them. Any ideas? It should be fun to try to ID these! So if you find a bridge try to specify the road, water intersect and any bridge plate information and include a photo if you can.

I am thinking of loosening up the 1920 cut-off date. I just want to avoid big lists of the ubiquitous Warren (welded) Pony Bridges.

On Saturday I visited three sites in Vinton and Athens Counties. It was a beautiful Autumn day, although just a bit early for the best tree color. I found just one bridge SFN 8231877, which was in Lake Hope State Park. Its a nicely maintained Pratt Pony.

I also received a lot of bridge pictures from Rick McOmber and Jeremy Clevenger that I am in the process of scanning. These will go up on the website shortly. I'll let you know about them in the next update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home