Ohio Historic Bridge Association (OHBA) Fall Bridge Tour

SFN 6533656
On Sunday I went on the OHBA Fall Bridge Tour led by David Simmons and Miriam Wood (see References) to the five Covered Bridges in Noble and Monroe Counties. Three of the bridges are receiving total renovations. The Foraker and Parrish had their new truss work still lying on the ground so it was a great opportunity to see the construction details. It looked like they would be put in place in the next few weeks. The Manchester Bridge had also received a complete renovation and was almost fully reconstructed.
I had the chance to check out five metal truss bridges during and after the tour. The only real find was the Pratt Half-hip Pony shown in the picture (SFN 5633656).. It was not listed in the latest OHBI inventory but was in the 1999 listing. The others all appeared to be replaced by Warren (Welded) Polygonal Pony truss bridges. I’ve updated the list..
Click Picture for Full Size
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home