Saturday, December 01, 2007

Vehicular Railroad Overpass Bridges

Photo: Fred Pettry 6/2007
Mud Lake Road Bridge

Now that we have just about confirmed all the bridges on the Bridge List I've decided to add vehicular and pedestrian railroad and road overpass bridges to the list. This photo is of a nice example in Medina County. This seems to be a common type with several examples on the list. The guidelines will otherwise be the same. So if you have any that you have been holding back, now is time to send them!

Note added 12/11/07: I have gone through the Ohio Inventory Lists and added all the appropriate RR bridges (I think). There were fewer than I thought there would be! The list now stands at >920. Most of these bridiges are apparently girder not truss.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This bridge, along with two other similar structures, will be relocated and preserved on the Moonville Trail in Vinton County as part of the CSX Doublestack clearance project.

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Environment/Cultural_Resources/BRIDGE_STATUS/REUSABLE_BRIDGES/Pages/default.aspx

July 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home