Big Change to the Bridge List!
I added over 150 truss and suspension bridges to the Bridge List by changing the cut-off date from 1919 to 1941 (inclusive). I was missing too many good examples with the earlier date! This means I'm taking the bridge build date to the beginning of WW2 (for the US). This is arbitrary but I think its a good transition date for truss bridges since building came to a virtual stop after 1941 and welded bridges dominated when things got going again after the war's end. Using a later cut-off date would have added a lot of the ubiquitous - Warren Welded Polygonal Pony bridges to the list!
The Ohio MAP section reflects these additions by showing a lot more white dots! We have almost 200 unconfirmed bridges (again) so it should keep us busy for awhile longer! These additions have been included also in the gallery section although there were few changes there as not many of these additions have been confirmed.
The Ohio MAP section reflects these additions by showing a lot more white dots! We have almost 200 unconfirmed bridges (again) so it should keep us busy for awhile longer! These additions have been included also in the gallery section although there were few changes there as not many of these additions have been confirmed.
Click Picture for Full Size
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home