Thursday, August 18, 2005

Disaster Recovery

Early this week I had a hard disk fail that contained a lot of this web site information plus hundreds of pictures of the bridges. Yes, it was backed up! But the most recent backup turned out to be bad. Then to compound my problems Windows XP would not recognize any keyboard and I had to reinstall the OS. System backups don't seem to work well either! I don't know how many hours I've spent getting things back. The good news is that I don't think I've lost anything that can't be reconstituted (with a lot of work).

As a result you may notice some changes in the site and I don't know when I will get the latest unpublished bridges up. I have already changed my backup software and will make some other changes for safety. I have yet to reload all the software on the computer.

I did discover that the appearance of the site in Netscape and Firefox was not good so I've added some information to clean that up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home