Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hocking County update and Knox County additions


Falls Mill Bridge Posted by Hello

I visited Hocking Co on Saturday primarily to see this bridge (The Falls Mill Bridge) in Logan. This bridge span is similar the SR 715 Bridge in Coshocton Co. Sure enough they are about to bypass it as reported by Rita and Everett Hoffer. You can see some of the construction underway in the foreground of the picture. This bridge gets a lot of traffic. I was there about midday and there was a steady stream of cars. I wonder if they will leave this bridge standing when they bypass it?

The other two bridges in the county that I went to see were already gone. And nearby in Fairfield County 2334216 was about to be replaced - heavy equipment was standing by.

Went to Knox County on Sunday and found 4 out of the five bridges I had in my GPS were gone - all recent replacements (Knox county must have a lot of highway funds). The fifth, 4235193 was closed. The road was closed too so I don't think it will be around too much longer. Its a little Pratt half-hip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home